Impact Resistant Commercial Storefronts Approved for Hurricane Zones
Series FL550 is a non-thermal 2 1/2″ x 5″ impact-resistant center set storefront that accepts 1 5/16″ insulated laminated safety glass designed and engineered for wind-borne debris applications. FL550 impact-resistant storefront is fully tested in accordance with ASTM and Florida Building Code standards for large missile impact and is approved for use in south Florida’s High Velocity Hurricane Zone and coastal areas considered wind-borne debris regions. In addition the FL550 system with the integral Series 381 entrances meets the Federal Government’s standards on anti-terrorism forced protection.
Hurrincane Resistant System Features
√ Outside Glazed
√ Screw-spline Assembly
√ Accepts 1 5/16″ Insulated Laminated Glass
√ CoraPunch Punch Press Die Sets or Drill Jigs Available
√ Deep Glazing Pocket Profiles eliminated blind seal conditions at sill and installation of filler plates at head and wall jambs
Performance Test Standards
- ASTM E 283 / *TAS 202 – Air Infiltration Test
- ASTM E 331 / *TAS 202 – Water Infiltration Test
- ASTM E 330 / *TAS 202 – Uniform Load Deflection and Structural Test
- ASTM E 1886-1996 / *TAS 201-203 – Missile Impact and Cycling Test
- ASTM F 1642 / GSA-TS01 / UFC 4-010-01 Blast Mitigation Test and Performance Levels
*Test standards in compliance with the 2014 Florida Building Code.